Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Holy Days~2013


I love when Spring arrives. And while I am not one big on holidays and their rituals, Spring brings a few that I do enjoy having our family partake in. Easter Egg hunts represent anticipation, seeking and finding, the symbolism of rebirth and the sweetness that life on earth can bring. Passover reminds us to look within where we are not free in our own lives and asks us to question how we can become freer (spiritually, mentally, emotionally, physically.) Passover also asks us to question how we can help our brothers and sisters on the planet to be freer as well. Passover, in part, symbolizes that life can be hard but that it doesn't have to always be hard. There is liberation and there is grace. Passover also brings back many wonderful childhood memories of family. It has been my intention that these events will become part of the fabric of good memories in my girls lives.

Kisses at the easter egg hunt.

Amara looks quite serious. I wonder what she was thinking!

This was the first year Havana didn't need as much assistance with finding eggs. She couldn't keep up with the bigger kids but she held her own!





Ashley, one of Havana's friends.

Havana, Magnolia, Ashley
Passover:

We shared Passover with our friends Alissa, Steve and Justin again this year, along with some of their friends.
                    
                   


                 

Some of the other Little People who were present. Brandon (on the left) and Havana quickly became "best friends" !!





Amara's been finding a lot of ladybugs lately. I thought it symbolic to find one on this night.




Justin partaking in the Seder.


Reading from the haggadah.


Steve singing the prayers Northern California style.

I made kremsilach for the first time. Not as good as my Aunt Maxines but pretty tasty. I have discovered that my family may have been the only Jews that make this dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...