Saturday, May 7, 2016

Foxy

IMG_2109


IMG_2132


A couple of nights ago,  I spotted a fox in our backyard.  It had been quite some time since we had seen our fox friends and we have missed them. You can imagine my delight, when I looked out the window there was Foxy (I don't know what else to call him/her; it's late, I'm tired!), scampering down down the path. By the time I got the family, sadly Foxy was gone. This evening, Amara looked in the yard and there Foxy was again, just chillin on our bench! I am so happy Foxy feels right at home!  


Of course, I ran for my camera (and silently gave thanks for a great zoom lens) and from the upstairs balcony door, we got to watch Foxy relaxing as if s/he didn't have a care in the world! When I made my way downstairs to get some photos from a different angle, Foxy got up and started to leave. To my surprise, Foxy circled around and came rather close to the downstairs sliding doors. Foxy really does seem to feel comfortable around us. I suspect that this may be the fox pup that was born in the yard several years ago. That would explain Foxy's familiarity around the yard and his/her lack of concern or fear of us. (see link below of the mama and pup.)


We hope that Foxy hangs around for awhile. We love his/her visits and feel very blessed that for whatever reasons, our yard is a place Foxy takes refuge in.


http://rubiesandpearls.typepad.com/my-blog/2012/07/fox-medicine.html 


IMG_2125



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...