Sunday, May 8, 2016

The Jewels in My Crown

IMG_2091
Amara's face is full of chocolate croissant!



 


IMG_2081
Havana, whose reading has taken off, is enjoying the Sunday comics!



Many years ago, before I had even left my teen years, I met an incredible woman, Holly Moore, who at the time had three children (and would go on to have a handful more). I never forgot what she told me one morning when we were making breakfast together; "My children are the jewels in my crown."   For years I remembered not only what she said but how what she said felt. Real love, truth, joy.


Fast forward a couple of decades and those words still remain with me. For that is exactly how I feel about my Amara Pearl and Havana Ruby. My life is rich in many ways but what I treasure most are these two precious gems. I sometimes get grumpy, lose my temper, feel selfish; But I never, ever forget that they are the most valuable things in my life. They are the jewels in my crown.



1 comment:

  1. Great story.I loved it.😃😝 Love Amara

    ReplyDelete

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...