Monday, August 22, 2016

Grand Teton

IMG_7735


We spent a short but sweet day in Grand Teton National Park. We arrived a little on the late side but not that late that we couldn't unpack our bikes and go for ride down to Colter Bay, near to where we were RV'ing for the night. The awe inspiring mountains were food for the soul. For me personally, it was a wonderful homecoming to get back on my Specialized Mountain bike that has been in my life since it became my mode of transportation when I started Prescott College back in 1987. I took the opportunity to go on a few short rides through the park, off on some trails by myself. So rejuvenating. 


IMG_7738


IMG_7765


In the morning, after a campground breakfast, we coaxed Havana into a hike (Baby Girl is usually not keen on hiking; usually has a magical time once she gets going but usually ends up on Don's shoulders!) around the lake where we stood in awe of the majestic tetons that have remained the same for ions and we had to do a lot of convincing to leave the rocks they collected on the beach! 


IMG_7776


IMG_7782


IMG_7767


IMG_7762


We left Grand Teton relaxed and ready for the next leg of our journey; Yellowstone......



No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...