Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Vegetarian inna New York Style (Chinatown, Queens)

When I was planning our trip to New York I talked with my friend Barbara about Chinatown in NYC. She informed me that Flushing Queens had a great Chinatown and suggested we go check it out. I was game. With a little help from Google I learned that there was a vegetarian Chinese restaurant so with that as our first destination we headed out to Queens to explore an area of New York I was not that familiar with.

Divine timing was in play as our friends from California pulled up at the exact time we arrived. After introductions we sat down to break bread. New friends and old; together we had great food and great conversation and the girls all kept Jonah (who has the patience of a saint!) entertained. I don't think I have had such a peaceful dinning out experience with the girls since.....never...It was awesome!

After a delicious meal meal that both vegetarians and meat eaters enjoyed, we made our way down Main Street to explore more of the area. One thing that stood out was the lack of tourist shops that line Manhattan's Chinatown. I enjoyed being in this type of neighborhood. We all did. It was another lovely adventures with friends who are close to our heart. Doesn't get better than that. 
Nancy, Barbra, myself, Havana, Juliet, Noelle, Amara & Jonah. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...