Friday, August 21, 2015

Ear Bling!

Havana is 6, which means she could get her ears pierced, Unlike her sister however, who was counting the days (literally), Havana has been a little hesitant. She had told me she wanted to but then she didn't and then she was unsure. 

Well, the time for our trip to New York was approaching and I told Baby Girl that she would get them pierced with her cousins, the same as Amara and the same as I did when I was six  
(you can read Amara's story here;  http://twosmallgems.blogspot.com/2013/07/sparkling-ears.html). I could tell Havana was nervous. When we arrived at Claire's in the Garden State Plaza (we ended up Jersey, not New York, but really, what's the difference?!) it took some coaxing. The super patient and kid friendly sales girl/ear piercer, was smart enough to suggest Havana watch another girl first. When she didn't see tears that gave her a little more confidence. So did a lollipop and some hand holding from her big sister and cousin. When it was all done, Havana told me, "I was scared but it only hurt a little." Now, I catch her looking in the mirror frequently, checking out her new purple studs! Baby Girl is not so much a baby anymore.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...