Friday, April 20, 2012

Sisters



Amara and Havana; two sisters, 2 years and 3 weeks apart. Both June babies. One Gemini, One Cancer. Two very different beings who choose to come through my body and BE part of this planet. One is more curious, more outgoing, more wanting to learn about the world. One is more laid back, sensitive, inclined to play with herself vs. others. One looks more like the Cuban-Spanish side. One looks like the Irish-English side.

But they are the same in many ways too. They are both adventurous and curious (but in different ways). They are both love the outdoors; Both are (very strong) willed to the point of being called stubborn. Both don't like to share with the other but will still look out of the other. Sisters.


At least once or twice a week someone asks if they are twins. Yes, they look somewhat alike, are almost the same height but I guess I don't quite see that.

I didn't have sisters growing up. Only a brother and we were not that close due to age difference and family dynamics. When I found my biological family, I discovered I had 1 older, maternal half-sister and 5 younger, paternal half-sisters. Because of age differences and not growing up together, I have only become close to 2 of my sisters. (We all love each other but the heart connection is not as strong as with the one before me and the one right after.) It has been a joy having my sisters in my life. A blessing. And it is because of my later in life experience with sisterhood, that I pray that it is Divine Order that that my girls will grow up close, with a strong heart connection.

During the first year or two, of Havana's life, Amara was quite jealous of her sister. Havana was in awe of her sister almost from birth. Amara's intial resistance towards Havana was hard to watch. I felt sad for Havana many a time, when big sis rejected her. But more recently the two have become closer, enjoying each other's company. Hairpulling, pinching and not wanting to share are still a daily occurance but overall, I am grateful that they seem to be forming a tight bond.

Here are some photos of my two girls starting from more recent to the day Havana was born.















































Sisters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...