Monday, July 8, 2013

A Childhood Refuge

When I was a teenager, I used to love to go a place my friends called The Falls. The Falls was a place in the woods next to an old, long unused pump house. At that young age I knew how important being amongst the  trees, earth and water were. I felt calmer, more centered and happier when I was outdoors. I loved The Falls and would go there often.
Whenever I return to my childhood town I like to go for a walk down there. I still find it peaceful and soothing. Today I took the girls there so they could enjoy some time out in nature. My high school friend, Jim (who was one of our group who hung out down there) and his son Ryan joined us. It was nice to see them again and to catch up.



It was so hot and the walk tired them out so much that the girls and their new friend Ryan just had to stop and have black and white cookie!






With Jim and Ryan.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...