Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Ciccia Clan



We had the best afternoon with the Cicccia family.(Robin, Joey, Ava (8) and Taylor (6).)

I have known Robin and her family almost my entire life. Her parents (Joan and Marvin) and mine have been friends for thirty years. They live half the year in Florida so I usually get to see them when we visit Nana. It was Joan and Marvin who met Don, 8 month old Amara and I at the airport when my dad died. This family has been an important and special family in my life.  And It's been great that Robin (and her brother Michael)and I have stayed in touch.

When Don and I last visited New York a few years back Taylor was only 4 months old  and Ava a tiny tot. I was pregnant with Amara. Now all four are big girls and they had a blast with each other and quickly became new best friends!

Spending the day/night with them was perhaps the highlight for the girls. They have truly enjoyed all their new friends but making two new friends their age was the bomb. Robin and I both agreed there wasn't that much peace and quiet in a long time as they swam and played the day away!
Taylor and Robin


Joan and Marvin with Havana


Ava teaching  Amara how to go down the slide.


Eventually Amara went by herself. Brave girl.
 And mama took a turn too!
Joey is a fantastic cook and it was nice breaking bread with the Ciccia family.

Ava loved being the oldest girl. She took good care of the girls and even read them a good night story!

We are going to miss them. We are just going to have to convince them to come visit us in California soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...