Saturday, July 13, 2013

Woodstock







Woodstock, NY, is a small, quiet town nestled in the mountains about 2 1/2 hours North of Manhattan. It is a peaceful place. The trees, mountains and fresh air are good for the soul.

I first traveled to Woodstock about twent-five years ago, when Bella (my spiritual teacherhttp://twosmallgems.blogspot.com/2013/06/baba-bella.html) moved up to this rural area.

Woodstock is famous for the music festival that took place back in the 60's but the truth is the concert actually took place an hour and a half away in Delaware County (I have spent a lot of time there as well.)

The girls and I got to visit with friends, play outdoors and do some shopping in and around Woodstock, which is perhaps one of my favorite places in Upstate New York.



This view from Bella's is one of my favorite views on the planet. I don't know why but it just is.











Ms. Eagle Eyes Amara spotted this beauty almost immediately.

Groovy, Hippy Stuff is for sale throughout town.



This is my favorite shop in town. They sell all types of statues, deities,  cards, jewelry and more.
I always find something unique here. 





My old friend Julia is now living in Woodstock. What a pleasant surprise to see her.
The last we saw each other was when I took her up to Attica to do an AVP workshop.

This is the gate to the garden at the Woodstock Elementary School. We stopped
to play at the school playground after dinner and again, Ms. Eagle Eyes pointed it out.


The Chapel in the Woods, directly across the road from Bella's. 





And right next to the Chapel is a Tibetan Monastery. The mountain where Bella is holds a high vibration!









We got to hear some chanting at the monastery. Both girls asked to stay longer to listen. So I sat and meditated while they listened to the chanting.


Buddha at Bella's house.
Inside the yurt.

My Woodstock Posse after dinner! (Jared, Julia, Jeffery, Janet and Bella)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...