Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Harvesting our Homegrown Pumpkins


Okay, so only two pumpkin grew in our garden. But I have been so stoked about those two pumpkins that I think I have told about a dozen people about them. Every day for weeks I either gone out to visit them or stared at them lovingly from the deck. Don, who is our master gardener, has been the one to do the hands on work. And the girls, especially Amara, have been his faithful helpers.

I love Fall and I love pumpkins, so to have grown our very own, even these lone two, has gotten me juiced up. Actually, our entire garden has brought alot of joy to us, especially our tummies. I am going to make more of a conscious effort to get out there and get more involved rather than watch Don and the girls go at it. I am already thinking of winter crops and how fun it'll be to get my hands dirty.









2 comments:

  1. Love your garden and love that your family puts in winter crops. Not everyone thinks about the fall and winter possibilities! I get such a thrill seeing things grow in the cold weather. Gets a little more complicated with farming and harvesting in the wet season but a winter garden is awesome! What's your favorite winter crop?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don was just talking about preparing the garden for winter. I am not sure what we will focus on but next year I want to try to grow melons specifically watermelon. and I love to grow greens.

    ReplyDelete

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...