Friday, September 6, 2013

Sea Ranch- Day 2- Early Morning Hike

A hike through a tree lined path lead to the ocean.


  







Luvey and Ellie; who join us on all our travels!






Oh, how I love my tripod and the self-timing feature on my camera!
Seeing the seals was an unexpected treat. I love all creatures and being able to be in their presence, in their natural environment brings me immense joy.  I have traveled all about this planet to catch a glimpse of  some of our non-human relations (the Congo to see Mt. Gorilla; Kenya to see my totem animal the Cheetah; Nepal to see the rare one horned Rino; Northern Thailand to see the Elephants; the Everglades to see Gators and Dolphin....the list goes on)  Yet , the unexpected encounters are sometimes the best. My soul child (aka the inner child) was tickled that we saw the seals during both morning hikes. At some point, however, we got the message from the seals that they wanted us to leave so they could go and lounge on the rocks. So we said thank you and bid farewell.
 




After the beach, we stopped at the park. There is nothing like swinging and the girls take every chance they can to "go higher and higher."






2 comments:

  1. Alissa and I enjoyed looking through these photos--almost as much as the trip! We're fortunate to have such a great photog capturing some of these treasured memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So gorgeous! Glad you got a getaway.

    ReplyDelete

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...