Tuesday, December 23, 2014

A Gelty Chanukah



Lighting the menorah
It seems we have a new tradition with Chanukah. This year we once again joined Don's niece Jenny, her husband David and the girl's cousin's Ben and Theo for what was our third year celebrating Chanukah. We had a lovely evening lightening the menorah, exchanging gifts (for kids only)  and enjoying a yummy meal of homemade latkes (Jenny's are off the hook) and matzo ball soup (mine didn't come out too bad!) And after all that was the gelt. Lots of gelt! (Don came up with the title of the blog; a bit corny but funny and too! He always has a good sense of humor.) 

It was a sweet celebration and one I hope our families continue because when we spend Chanukah with our family here in California, I am often transported back in time with memories of my youth.  During the early years of my childhood, our family would go to my Aunt Maxie and Uncle Normans where we would exchange gifts with our cousins after a meal full of jokes and laughter. Those were very good times, times that my heart remembers with a warm smile. I love that my children are creating their own memories with their own cousins; memories that will make their hearts smile when they have grown into adults.

The Gelt!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...