Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Hola Buddha

 Just after we touched down in Buenos Aires and got settled in our apartment hotel, I  saw some darling little Buddha statues  next door in the hair salon's window. 

I just had to buy one. But they were not for sale. So over the next few days I kept my eyes wide open for these little Buddha's.  I eventually found one of a larger size, on Calle Florida. Score! Later I bought another while out walking on Sante Fe Street. On our last night in Palermo I came upon  the tiny ones I had seen our fist day in the city.  I couldn't resist and now my office at work is graced by these delightfully cute and colorful Buddha statues. I am sure the real Buddha might frown upon the commercialization of himself but they are just so darn adorable.

Gracing the storefront window on Sante Fe Street.

Here they are in my office! They each represent symbolic like peace, prayer, love, joy.....I just adore them! It's so funny how something so mundane can make me so happy. Especially when they are of bright colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...