Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Ms. Havana's Almost Didn't Happen Dance Recital

Havana with her pal, Ashley.
I had expectations. I had my own ideas.
I wanted Havana's recital to be sweet.
I wanted it to be full of fun.
But when my baby saw her Papa
and the room full of people;
She didn't want to dance.

I got quite upset.
Then I got mad.
But when I took a deep breath I realized I was sad.
I had to let go of what I thought should be.
I had to let go of what others might be thinking.

And when I let it all go that is the moment when,
Havana decided to dance with her little friends.

Papa trying to persuade Havana to join her friends.

Havana mad at me for being mad at her.

Giving it a try while keeping her eyes on Papa.

I knew things took a turn for the better when she turned her focus on Ms. Christine.



Havana enjoying herself, the way she usually does in class.



All the children looked so sweet and pretty. And they did such a great job.



The gymnastics part of the routine.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Oahu 2024

  It had been a long time since we were on Oahu. 2019 to be exact. Pre-Covid. We'd been to Maui, the Big Island (together and the former...